How is your summer going? Hopefully, you are finding time to enjoy the long days, blue skies, water, family and friends. As summer reaches its busiest, warmest and driest, it’s especially important to ensure you are taking care of your skin, body, and mind. Here’s what we recommend:
Keep Your Skin Healthy
Be sure you hydrate, oxygenate, exfoliate, and protect:
- Schedule a facial with an oxygen or extra hydrating treatment added
- Try Microdermabrasion or a peel to renew and stimulate your facial skin
- Have a body scrub or mud treatment to do the same for the rest of your skin
- ALWAYS use sunscreen, and after-sun moisturizer
Take Care of Your Body
Eating well, drinking plenty of water, and getting plenty of rest are the foundations to a healthy body
- Try a lymphatic or regular massage to assist your body in clearing toxins.
- Have paraffin treatments for rough skin on hands and feet
- Wax away unwanted hair – try that bikini-line wax you’ve been wondering about
- Attack that cellulite with a series of M’Lis cellulite wraps (you lose 4 to 14 inches with each treatment)
- Try Green Tea extract (no sugar, no caffeine, great taste) in your water to maximize anti-oxidants in your body, and assist with increased metabolism
- Learn Transformational Breathing for improved health, reduced stress, and emotional clearing
Clear Your Mind
You don’t have to wait for a vacation to recharge or get away:
- Think of at least 10 things you are grateful for each day
- Learn stress reduction techniques you can use daily
- Schedule at least one activity you enjoy each week
- Do something for someone else – volunteer, donate something, or come to Balance Point’s Goddess Charity and Fun night on 7/13.
- If you are feeling stuck, ask for help. Talk to friends; see a spiritual counselor, psychologist, hypnotherapist or life coach.
Products and services available at Balance Point Spa, your new place of balance on the east side of the valley. 18285SoledadCanyon Rd. Canyon Country; 252-0650; www.balancepointspa.com